Updates from the Field Team.... #troutfishing

As the work week winds down, we look forward to this weekend. A chance of rain may dampen things but just in case we went forward with making a few phone calls and searching the internet to help us decide where to go fishing this weekend.

A cold still has yours truly struggling to get healthy to brave the cold and possible rain. No worries, below are quick updates and information that may be helpful to our Readers planning to bend a rod and hook a trout in our area – three are in Oklahoma and one is in a city near the DFW Metroplex!


Quick Updates
  • Turner Falls Park (near Davis, OK) – We contacted the Park and learned this year’s trout stocking remains delayed, but they are targeting mid-December to stock the river. Turner Falls is a Team favorite to fish each year. We hope they release the trout below the Waterfall this year as it makes for easier access compared to the area above the Waterfall. Do check out the videos at the end of this post to see what we mean by easier access – first video is below the Waterfall and the second video is above it.
  • Dolese Youth Park Pond (Oklahoma City, OK) – We found an article published yesterday by NewsOK – “Oklahoma City Trout Season Opens Thursday”.  We also noted the $3.50 City Fishing Permit is required along with your Oklahoma Fishing License. Moreover, they are stocking 90% of the trout in the 9-14 inch length with the remaining 10% “approaching the 24 inch length”… should make for a surprise for anyone fishing with ultralight gear!
  • Medicine Park (near Lawton, OK) – We fished Medicine Park for the first time last November. We liked it so much we final01wrote an article about it in our fishing magazine – Stocker Trout Fishing (go to page 6 in the sample reader). We planned to fish it again this year but warm temps delayed its trout stocking. Looking online for the latest update on its trout stocking, we ended up calling the City Town Hall. The person who answered was extremely courteous and confirmed trout were stocked in the river as of 14  November and will be stocked every two weeks until the season end!
  • Flower Mound, TX – We have not fished here before but a YouTube Viewer invited us to fish Flower Mound as trout stockings were scheduled for today! What caught our eye was when we looked at the modified Trout Stocking Schedule that we sorted by date for easier reference, we noticed three ponds were scheduled for trout stockings in Flower Mound – Heritage Park, Leonard Johns Park, and Rheudasil Park! Roughly 3,000+ trout to fish for in three ponds all in one city. Moreover, if we take the tollway, we can get to at least one of them in less than 45″…. may need to try this one out sooner than later!
Turner Falls Park Trout Fishing


Popular posts from this blog

Black Near Deere Variant

Frito Fishing Flies for the Sabiki Rig

DFW Fishing | How I Fished the Super Duper at Bethany Lakes

DFW Fishing | Bethany Lakes Trout Stocking

Blue River Oklahoma Fishing | Fly Tying Three Fishing Flies

Fun with Yellow Bass!

Blue River Oklahoma | Fishing the Catch and Release Section!

How We Fished the John Deere... The Simple Fishing Fly Pattern!

DIY Fish Bait Recipe | Fishing with Pectin aka Gelatin #shorts

Hookset Timer - Round 1